Sunday, May 9, 2010

A New Path

This is my project, my journey and my adventure with my girls. So, it can change at any time that I want it to or think that it needs to. Like today! I think my concept for this blog is going to change just a little bit (great, I have to re-write the about this blog section!). A pretty smart person that I know suggested that instead of just writing about activities and all the knowledge that I have of what OTHER parents could be doing, I should be pushing myself to actually DO things with my own girls and then document that. "It would be more personal, more for YOU and hit a specific genre of moms too. Moms with young children who might want to follow along your journey of teaching your kids about our earth!", she said.

And I think she is dead on.

I named the blog Greening Sam and Avery for a reason. I want them to grow up GREEN! I want them to know and love the environment the way that I do. I want them to have an appreciation not only for the gloriously beautiful things that most people value like mountains, rivers and oceans but also the nature that you see everyday like robins, pine trees and dandelions. That doesn't just happen on its own. My dad and mom inspired me and I need to pass that on to my girls.

So, what does that mean for this blog. I am going to focus more on what I am doing with MY OWN GIRLS. Right now of course that will be small and simple things but some days I might give you ideas on how to expand those simple things for older kids or how to add more learning into the simple activities. But even on the days that I don't expand it will still be an example for some mom out there some where that might need an idea of something to do with her two year old to inspire them to love nature. And that is amazing.

Every now and then I will still bring out the amazing projects, games and activities that I have buried in my head that will be for older kids. So hopefully moms with older kids will stop by and get some ideas now and then too.

But that won't be the main focus. I am going to focus on MY girls!

1 comment: