Tuesday, May 11, 2010

all about the babies

So not much outdoor activities for a rainy, cold, cloudy day. Especially when both of your little girls are already battling colds! But that doesn't mean the fun and learning stopped today. We went about our regular day, playing games, doing puzzles, reading books and all the other chores that I do throughout the day. But while doing all of those things I focused on one common element with Sam, BABIES! Baby animals that is. As we did her farm puzzles I made a special point of using the correct baby animal names and pointing them out to Samantha.


Sounds simple and it is but there are so many times that I use puppy synonymously with dog. And I know that I don't usually take the time to point out and use duckling, gosling, foal, calf, piglet, eaglet, and many others. So today I made sure that I did.

Sam loves to learn about animals and she soaks up any information that I give her about them so today she had a blast repeating the names after me and matching up the babies with their "parents" in the puzzles and the books. It was a great way to teach her something new and bring a new dimension to things that we do on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment